Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

2013 Weather Review

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
3030WX
Cumulus
Reactions:

2013 Weather Review

Post by 3030WX »

The attached image provides a comparison of the weather in 2013 at Werribee and Cranbourne (Dane).

In summary, and hardly surprising, it was significantly wetter in the east and warmer in the west.

The detailed 2013 Weather Review for Werribee is at http://bit.ly/1iyraJ0.
Attachments
werribee-cranbourne-2013.png
werribee-cranbourne-2013.png (21.84 KiB) Viewed 10204 times
Current weather at Truganina

Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation. - Kin Hubbard
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Re: 2013 Weather Review

Post by WeatherViewer »

Thanks for the summary mate, as you state nothing really out of the ordinary here. Western suburbs are generally warmer & drier.
I'm over in Wyndham Vale & often use your weather station page as a reference & also the Wyndham Vale private site http://weather.gkt.net.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Do you know the bloke who runs that by any chance?

Cheers
3030WX
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 3030WX »

G'day neighbour. I don't know the guy that runs the Wyndham Vale PWS.

Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation. - Kin Hubbard
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

3030WX » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:00 am wrote:
3030WX wrote:G'day neighbour. I don't know the guy that runs the Wyndham Vale PWS.
Cheers mate & thanks for all your efforts with providing our locality with a Weather Station.
Not sure if you agree here, but I've questioned for quite some time why BOM never re-instated an official weather station out this way. (Werribee/Wyndham Vale) area.
I know we have Avalon & Laverton in between, but I find quite often they don't reflect our weather conditions here accurately. What's your thoughts on this?
3030WX
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 3030WX »

G'day mate, sorry for the tardy reply as I've been away enjoying my holidays.

I work for the BoM and whilst I agree that the AWS at Laverton and Avalon do not always accurately reflect the conditions in Wyndham, I can't see the BoM installing another AWS out this way.