Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

The Weather Channel are changing their name!

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

The Weather Channel are changing their name!

Post by 93ben »

Hi everyone,

If you don't know already, The Weather Channel are changing their name to Sky News Weather Channel.

Here's the status from their Facebook page:
Hi Guys, over the next week some exciting new changes will take place at TWC. Starting with a new name, TWC will now be SKY NEWS WEATHER as we join the SKY NEWS family. We’re really excited by the opportunities this presents for our broadcast; more LIVE crosses on the ground and additional resources to help us continue to give you the most comprehensive weather news and forecasts. So you know our FB page will remain the same (though we will have new branding with for our new name) and you can still tune in through FOXTEL on channel 603. Any questions let us know. Cheers, Team TWC.
A new weather app (Andriod & iOS) and website will be released in the next couple of days (possibly this weekend).

This is going to be their new website http://www.skynewsweatherchannel.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and their apps will just require an update.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: The Weather Channel are changing their name!

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Yep this has been official since November last year. I think the weather channel, or sky news weather, needs a major upgrade though when it comes to providing their format in terms of content. They need dedicated shows etc ... Like they used to, like "your weather today" and "tomorrow's forecast tonight", each with dedicated teams. Hopefully I can influence this in the next couple of years.
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by 93ben »

Jake Smethurst » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 pm wrote:
Jake Smethurst wrote:Yep this has been official since November last year. I think the weather channel, or sky news weather, needs a major upgrade though when it comes to providing their format in terms of content. They need dedicated shows etc ... Like they used to, like "your weather today" and "tomorrow's forecast tonight", each with dedicated teams. Hopefully I can influence this in the next couple of years.
I didn't find out until yesterday when they announced it on their Facebook page. But yeah I agree they need better programs. It's so repetitive atm.
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by 93ben »

I really hate the "Weather Channel" now. They're redirecting their site to sky news and now it has a lot less information than the previous site had! I shouldn't really bother looking at their pathetic site now when I have BOM and weatherzone that has the same information.