Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

blind-panic-and-a-city-running-dry-the-desal-nightmare

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
j
johnno
Supercell
Reactions:

blind-panic-and-a-city-running-dry-the-desal-nightmare

Post by johnno »

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/blind ... 1onu9.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: blind-panic-and-a-city-running-dry-the-desal-nightmare

Post by droughtbreaker »

People won't be thinking the same way the next time we have a severe long term drought and our water is running out. I guess it could be argued that they went overboard with the scale of it and the cost and difficulties involved, still in an area that is prone to very intense droughts from time to time we do need some sort of backup. With a desal plant in operation we are virtually completely drought proof to the point that major water restrictions could be a thing of the past, our gardens and parks would remain green all the time, street trees would survive etc., more water would be available for irrigation and domestic use etc. etc.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: blind-panic-and-a-city-running-dry-the-desal-nightmare

Post by Anthony Violi »

I think the main thing Andrew thats dissappointing, apart from the ridiculous cost that you and i will now pay until 2045, is that we could have already drought proofed this country with some forward thinking years ago. We will always have droughts and floods...so knowing this, catch all the flood water when it floods, preserve for the droughts.

The droughts will again come, and what did we do with all the flood waters from QLD, NSW and everywhere else?

Let it go out into the ocean.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com