Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

May Rainfall Map

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Re: May Rainfall Map

Post by Rivergirl »

Hi Lily :) My May rainfall is 160.2mm according to the BOM ws at Ferny Creek. I'll try and find YTD. Thanks :)
M
Monbulkian
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Monbulkian »

Hi all,

Sorry my posts are so late Lily. My May total is 150.5mm, YTD is 674.5mm
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

No problem :)

Still working on May's map, everyone, it's looking really good. The Very Clever Mutley has designed a new rainfall map which will hold all of the information for each member with a clickable menu on the side which will show you each month's recorded rainfall and the YTD. It's terrific!

Promise to have it up for you as soon as we've fine tuned it all, it may take some time, but we're working on it and I think you'll be really happy with the new and improved version :D

I'll do another post with the following, but for your info for now:

For members who know their location (latitude/longitude) and are happy to have your exact location pinpointed on the map with your rainfall totals, please let me know and I will add it to the map. Otherwise, your totals will appear under your suburb.

Similarly if you have your own website you would like listed along with your member name and rainfall totals, let me know and I will add it in to appear on the map.

For members who have not updated their monthly totals each month this year, it's not too late! Just let me know your totals for each month January to May, and I can easily add you (or fill in the gaps for the months we have missed).
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

This has progressed to an Aussie first Lily (watch the others copy or try to tap in) - great effort!!!
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Nawwww, thanks Petros :) It would be really good to see personal WS readings across the country and track what we're all recording.
3030WX
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 3030WX »

Lily » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 pm wrote:
Lily wrote:Nawwww, thanks Petros :) It would be really good to see personal WS readings across the country and track what we're all recording.

G'day Lily. The Australian Weather Network < http://www.auweather.net/ > already displays PWS data from sites across Australia, and is an affiliate of a global network. Are you proposing something similar for AWF?
Current weather at Truganina

Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation. - Kin Hubbard
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Gidday 3030WX :) Was more thinking our friends on other forums in other states, for example WAWG. I know some of their members drop by here for a read and some of us visit them "over there", similarly the North Aus crew, so would be good to see some combined information from all of us.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Hi Lily :) I finally found the monthly totals for Ferny Creek on the BOM so I can add that my YTD is 637.6 :) No need to put that up tho. I'll give you the new total at the end of June when you are working on the June rainfall map. Thanks so much for all your hard work
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by apocalypse »

Does anyone else notice that is still says March 2011 for the April map? :P
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

:P

Where? On the actual map? Never mind, just worked it out, on the forum! If I did everything perfectly, you'd hate me, so I have to occasionally bugger things up just to make you feel comfortable :laughing: :hysteria:
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

lol Lily, you're a gem :)