Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria cops wettest start to year on record

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Victoria cops wettest start to year on record

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Yes this same group had forecast a drier and hotter summer for every month in Victoria, the summer just gone. So I would be really taking what they have with a pinch of salt. People of NW VIC were told to prepare for a dry and hot climate in January and we all know what happened there.

The rains to continue across the state this year.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

So this is just to give everyone some idea of how ridiculous this last 6-12 months has been and how we have to take into perspective that the rains to come may not be as spectacular but truly we have lived through something rather amazing!! It is certainly a benchmark.

Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Really is remarkable when you see it like that Karl. By my reckoning, that's more than 15% of the country is highest on record, and possibly more than 80% in the 'very much above average' range. Wow indeed. :o :o