Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

VIC - Dec 1-2: Hot day followed by a showery and windy front

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
J
James
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Dec 1-2: Hot day followed by a showery and windy front

Post by James »

Well it came after all, was not overly lightning active but the few that struck were close! - at least two very close ones that freaked me out like a bomb going off...there was one scared dog (and owner) in here for a few moments there!
J
James
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by James »

is there anyway to look up historical lightning tracker info for my area? be keen to find out where it plotted those strikes last night!, I turn off the computer and unplug everything so i was unable see it at the time!
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

James wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:28 pm is there anyway to look up historical lightning tracker info for my area? be keen to find out where it plotted those strikes last night!, I turn off the computer and unplug everything so i was unable see it at the time!
We’ve got the wifi on a UPS with surge protection. Means it stays up in brown and blackouts. They are only $100 give or take on eBay, and will power the wifi for a day or two. Then connect via the iPad or laptop and you’re fine during storms. Means the kids can watch Netflix regardless of the weather, and dad the weather :D

19mm in FC overnight and nearly 1mm today. Very welcome start to summer. Saves watering for another week. Couple of cooler days with the odd shower. Stinker for Friday. Should see runs at high 30 to 40C in the northwest and plains west of Melbourne.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Not a lot on radar, but turning into a showery night in the Dandenongs. Had 4mm so far. Nice to bump December up ahead of the incoming heat.