Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

VIC: Cooler with a series of weak fronts - Feb 14 to 19 2018

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Cooler with a series of weak fronts: Feb 14-19

Post by hillybilly »

Darn app told me 1 to 5mm here.
Only got a dust stuck to my windscreen,
Hose in hand again..
Same here. Loosing faith in the ability to rain atm. Models have had showers here on multiple days last two and a bit weeks, but we’ve basically watched it all slip by to the north or south :roll:

Maybe next week will be different.

It’s getting dry here now. Horses paddock is getting dusty, and leaf drop is happening fast. Crazy we had over 200mm in the first week of summer...
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Zilch overnight. Coming into this models had 2-8mm here for last night. The front before they had 2-5mm. Seems zero is the best bet atm.

Another front for Sunday which injects cool air for instability next week. Will be another band of rain, which looks like mainly impacting Bass Strait again.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

And we're on the board for February!!

After half a month of no measurable rain, I am happy to report my gauge tipped over 0.2mm (yes, that's zero-point-two)!!

woohooo :?
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
s
snowfall
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by snowfall »

We had 2.3mm with some drizzle and a few showers overnight. Not enough to make any real difference, other than adding a little bit more water to the tanks. Here's hoping something comes up next week.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

0.2mm for us just after 9am, so not an entirely dry week :roll:

It's now the driest start to Feb in Melbourne since 1991.
f
flyfisher
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by flyfisher »

It's so dry here my ferns are dying, so I am watering regularly to keep them alive. Most other plants and trees are really struggling. Also when I do water the ground is now hydrophobic with water beading off and not soaking in. Hoping that potential cyclone can hook up with a southern system to deliver something in that easterly dip that's forecast.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

t's so dry here my ferns are dying, so I am watering regularly to keep them alive. Most other plants and trees are really struggling. Also when I do water the ground is now hydrophobic with water beading off and not soaking in. Hoping that potential cyclone can hook up with a southern system to deliver something in that easterly dip that's forecast.
Not quite at that stage here, but is dry. Almost three weeks now since proper rain. If my memory is correct, I need to go back to summer 2002/03 and 2008/09 to find longer “rainfree” periods. Those summers were much nastier though, as we started summer in drought :( One oddity about both those summers is we had really good rain in the first half of December locally, though this December was much wetter.

Probably time for a new thread for the unstable, hot and humid easterly set up.