Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Victoria - Finally a cold outbreak: July 13-18 2017

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Finally a cold outbreak: July 13-18

Post by hillybilly »

That NZ storm is stunning. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it :o
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Jeepers it's all happening. I've just had a look at the pressure charts on WZ, and there's a high over Antarctica of 1071hPa tomorrow, that has to be a record high for there surely?
At the same time there's a low in the southern ocean south of NZ at 934hPa!
Incredible stuff!
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

NZ update from here in Auckland, outer rainbands sweeping through again this morning with a decent north westerly flow. South Island getting smashed down around Canterbury. Sat pic shows the true size of the storm, basically covers NZ.

Interestingly for me is that EC accurately showed this monster a fair way out but the NZ MetService downplayed it until about 48 hours ago when Access R and new GFS started producing the enormous bombing cyclonic gyre. State of Emergenices in many regions, with army intervention for rescues, now shows they underestimated this baby. The big Antarctic temp leak into a sub tropical feed = a mid latitude Goliath.

I see the temps in Antarctica are dropping again and the tropics are warmer than usual....with a decent polar Jet stream south of Africa, something to keep any eye on ;)
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

This winter in my books (so far) is a write off.

It's too Los-Angeles like with a tinge of coolness.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes