Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Vic - Feb 22 to Mar 10 2017 - Hot start, mild middle, then a very warm to hot finish to summer

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
S
Sean
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Feb 22 to Mar 10 Hot start, mild middle, then a very warm to hot finish to summer

Post by Sean »

STOP THE PRESSES

Periods of rain and a possible thunderstorm in the BOM's Melbourne forecast.
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Re: Feb 22 to Mar 10 Hot start, mild middle, then a very warm to hot finish to summer

Post by Skywalker »

I hope we get something soon. The western desert is truly living up to it's reputation out here with nothing but dust & dead grass. My tank will be empty by early next week if we don't receive any rain over the weekend.

From a positive prospective it's been perfect conditions for cycling. All week it's been calm conditions in the morning with a moderate south easterly behind me for the trip home. :D
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

Max of 32.1c, hot and sunny… who would of thought…... Polar blast moving through overnight and dropping back to 30c and sunny tomorrow.

I'm seeing another bunch of 30+ days on GFS for up here over the next week. BoM is starting to see it as well on the heatwave map and the BoM is giving Tassie a severe heat wave rating next week. Maybe don’t pack away the shorts and thongs yet Tassie Dave ;)
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

My weather station reported 35.2C today out in Tarneit, not to sure if my station is over reading slightly?

I was at work today in the city, no idea what the conditions felt like in the outer western suburbs. Anyway this coming weekend is not adding up to much, the heat rolls on.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Another hot one in FC with a max of 26C. Today looks a tad cooler, and similar on Saturday.

No change really in this pattern for another ten days or more.

This isn't normal. We are currently running nearly 4C above average for March, and at mid month will be on target for our hottest on record. Suspect we will slip below the record in the last week, but that could be wishful thinking :rolleyes: This comes after March last year which was Victoria's hottest on record.

Getting dry here now. Was a small bushfire on Mt Dandenong yesterday. Current dryness indices suggest almost all of Vic now is dry enough to carry nasty grass or forest fires if we get heat or wind :?
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

Already 29c here and the Kyneton airport 6 km away is 30c which is a little strange. Normally I’m a degree warmer.
Here are my numbers for the thread
- 0 mm
- 1 dead silver birch tree
- 45,000 litres left in my rain water tanks (cap 100,000)
- Dams dropped sharply with evaporation
- The dog has delayed growing her winter coat by a month

Congrats to everyone, we somehow managed to survive this long and boring thread 8-) I’m tipping there is another one coming up.
The size and locations of the current high pressure systems in the southern hemisphere is gob smacking. Maybe something we can’t see on the models will change the weather pattern soon… otherwise, we are heading into extreme territory for this late in the season for Victoria.
S
StratoBendigo
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by StratoBendigo »

This heat will probably persist for another two weeks. So over it. I can't recall 4 straight weeks of above average temps everyday?

I hope winter is savagely cold this year.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

23C here so another warm one, but capped by the southerly. Was 21C here at 3am which goes to show the uppers are hot.

Dry just grinding on, and today was really smokey with a couple of big control burns down the road.

Lawns stopped growing now and is yellowing. Won't be pretty in a week looking at the progs.

Hopefully we might see a shower to two later tomorrow.
This heat will probably persist for another two weeks. So over it. I can't recall 4 straight weeks of above average temps everyday?
Headed for a record month unless something changes soon. Come mid month Vic will be sat nearly 5C above average. The current Vic March record is 2.4C :o
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

It was 26.5C here today. We should be struggling to reach 20 by this time of the year. Im over it too.
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

26C here today. Bit of early fog then a couple of late rumbles. Couple of spits.

Looks hot through to April if you believe GFS. Few if any days average or below :o
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

A 1mm drenching overnight. That wont see us through another hot week :?
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
J
James
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by James »

cant seem any storms for melb today, all will be out east and to the north /mallee according to stormcast charts

its been a terribly dissapointing season here, very few if any thunder storms here, usually you have at least a few nights where you can sit outside and watch the lightning in the dark, this has not happened at all this season.