Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Vic : Jan 16 to 23 Warm to Hot start, dry change, then possible trough / deep low

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Vic : Jan 16 to 23 Warm to Hot start, dry change, then possible trough / deep low

Post by Macedonian »

35 at work in Macedon 450m
And 29.5C at home on the mountain at 870m
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Vic : Jan 16 to 23 Warm to Hot start, dry change, then possible trough / deep low

Post by JasmineStorm »

Currently 37.2c in Kyneton, 15% humidity with wind gusts at the Kyneton airport around 45 km/h. Feels fairly hot for 527 ASL.

Around 43c in Mallee now and the Wimmera also into the 40’s with a watch and out on the fires. Melbourne having it’s up and downs….temps going back up even with the southerly :)
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

33C here. Hoping that may be the peak as the satellite suggests the current cloud cover will persist now.
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

Dead calm here, abt 28 comfortable.
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

Back home in the burbs in Tarneit, my PWS is reporting 39C. Clearly there is a break in the cloud as the UV is reporting full sunlight. Bloody hot!
S
StratoBendigo
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by StratoBendigo »

We've just hit our first 40c for the summer. Quite possibly our hottest day for the year given the milder conditions in the forecast period ahead.
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

Sea breeze is very low, above is all n/nw.
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

I know predicting temperatures on days like today is tricky, but what doozy for Avalon. BOM forecast a max of 32C and currently sitting around 39C :o
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

Yes weatherviewer...just saw that as well. It's heading to 40c

Currently 38.6c (101.5f) here....still peaking. Swan Hill dropped to 3% humidity with a dew point of -11.5c….... maybe no chance of rain for them today ;)

Melbourne has just gone back to 36.4c, BoM are urgently trying to remove version 2 and reinstall version 1 of todays forecast :)
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

JasmineStorm wrote:Yes weatherviewer...just saw that as well. It's heading to 40c

Currently 38.6c (101.5f) here....still peaking. Swan Hill dropped to 3% humidity with a dew point of -11.5c….... maybe no chance of rain for them today ;)

Melbourne has just gone back to 36.4c, BoM are urgently trying to remove version 2 and reinstall version 1 of todays forecast :)
Having said that Jasmine, I've just nudged 40C exactly on my home PWS, seems pretty inline with Avalons 39.4 given the fact I am further inland.

Avalon is now back to 32.8C, crazy fluctuations :P
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

I see the temp in the City dropped from 35.4c at midday to 29.9c at 1pm.
It's since climbed back over 36c. Very tricky forecasting day.
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

It has hit 40 degrees here in Caroline Springs according to my car's thermometer which is pretty accurate. :o
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Skywalker »

WeatherViewer wrote:I know predicting temperatures on days like today is tricky, but what doozy for Avalon. BOM forecast a max of 32C and currently sitting around 39C :o
The BOM need to get their act together here. Avalon has always been a couple of degrees warmer in summer compared to the city. No idea what they were thinking there.
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

Skywalker wrote:
WeatherViewer wrote:I know predicting temperatures on days like today is tricky, but what doozy for Avalon. BOM forecast a max of 32C and currently sitting around 39C :o
The BOM need to get their act together here. Avalon has always been a couple of degrees warmer in summer compared to the city. No idea what they were thinking there.
Yes Avalon is generally warmer than the City in Summer, but Avalon can also get strong sea breeze days, which can sometimes cap the temperatures down there unprecedentedly. Tricky spot!

Anyway that Meteye website is also a load of crock in my opinion, the temp forecasts are usually much lower than what it actually is in my neck of the woods in Summer.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Dane wrote:I see the temp in the City dropped from 35.4c at midday to 29.9c at 1pm.
It's since climbed back over 36c. Very tricky forecasting day.
Yep fully agree...the sea breeze is VERY weak
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

A lovely warm north westerly at 850 hPa creating havoc for forecasters. Not often that Melbourne is sitting on 37.4c with a gentle southerly on the ground. Ground zero for the heat bomb in Victoria hit 44c in the Mallee not long ago.
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Skywalker »

A simply beautiful 28 degrees back at my other place on the island. Much more pleasant than the baking conditions here in this disgusting neck of the woods. Why couldn't we have had these conditions on the weekend! :x
J
JasmineStorm
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by JasmineStorm »

strange day indeed.... still peaking here, 39.3c.

Meanwhile in Shepparton, 3 fallstreak holes appeared in the sky this afternoon....image from the BoM.
Attachments
BoM fallstreak holes.jpg
BoM fallstreak holes.jpg (169.05 KiB) Viewed 7098 times
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by stevco123 »

JasmineStorm wrote:strange day indeed.... still peaking here, 39.3c.

Meanwhile in Shepparton, 3 fallstreak holes appeared in the sky this afternoon....image from the BoM.
It's HAARP. oooohhh.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

Went back up to 34 but no wind.