Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Vic: Another low - June 12 to 17 2014

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Another low: June 12 to 17

Post by Geoff »

Nice crop of "coldies" this afternoon, had some small hail in a couple between 3pm and 4pm. First day it has felt really wintery this month, although the temperature has gone up to 9c here in the last hour - it feels much colder with the wind.
EC and AccessG still keen on a big cold outbreak next week, GFS not so. :?
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Tempest
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Tempest »

We just had a short, sharp downpour here with two loud rumbles overhead. Was NOT expecting that!
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by 93ben »

The weather has been strange and annoying atm. I've been working at the Freeway Golfcourse (North Bawlyn) and Monday had to be the worst day. One second it poured down the next it was blue skies and it kept repeating itself. I was trying to spray the garden beds with roundup but gave up and did mulching instead.

It's been a while since I really came on this forum and also thought about the weather but I feel I have more time than I did before. Plus I am interested in the weather, just that it's been so boring for a while. Like the last storm season didn't even exist. I know this is probably crazy but I wouldn't mind that storm from Perth from the night before. Anyway all I see is rain for the next couple of days from Friday on. Any significant? Or just a couple of drops lol.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Long Long term.. got any idea for months time, when the winter baby has a birthday party in my lime green back yard..??
bring the gum boots. or hats and gloves..?
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Australis(Shell3155) wrote:Long Long term.. got any idea for months time
That's crystal ball territory Shell, could be anything.

In the shorter term, looks to be entering a real wintery spell next week with the probability of a big dump of snow for the alps.
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Hi 93ben, yes it must be frustrating for people that work outside and in gardens. I think there are quite a few people like you that haven't come here much as there hasn't been much of a storm season like you said. Shell, I hope your winter baby has a nice day for his birthday :)