Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Rain Event - Thursday May 30th - June 4th 2013

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
S
SC.
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Re: Rain Event - Thursday May 30th - June 4th 2013

Post by SC. »

Jake Smethurst » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:02 pm wrote:
Jake Smethurst wrote:What a great night for many! Not sure on the totals here at Monash but according to the weather station on the roof it says 51.4mm, quite a significant fall!
Don't trust that roof weather station Jake. It's been wrong for years now because the rain gets blown over the top of it. I'm 1/2 km away with 76mm.
Matt

http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
a
adon
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by adon »

Very solid rain has moved in again up here. Was chucking it down 5 mins ago but has eased back to very nice solid rain. Our rainwater tank has finally filled!

Edit, shower has eased but water everywhere! Maybe 5mm in it but was very quick!
a
adon
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by adon »

Well a running total of 37mm at the farm, it has been basically raining all day out there and my sister, the weekend official rain measurer for the weekend says there is water everywhere now and the road is very sloppy. So that means a cuddly night on the couch with my wife watching some sort of soppy crap! But the sound of rain on the roof will be quite a nice soundtrack
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

LOL! Sounds perfect Anthony!

I finished with a whopping 101.4mm for the evening. Had a tremendous storm at around 920pm last night that contained hail and strong winds and torrential rain. It was followed by another storm at around 10pm with strong winds and very heavy rain. Then it was thundery rain right through to around 5am with loud booms etc.

It is 2010 all over again, and I agree with Andrew, very wet weather coming up from now until Summer and cloudy.

It will be mild too. Very muggy today. That is resulting in drizzle and light showers which are so low to the ground, the radar cannot pick them up.

Otherwise a lovely night to be inside and listening to the lighter rain!! :)
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Gordon »

Cracked 30 mm for the event here so nowhere near the totals a little further east but still respectable. Heavy drizzle set in now that should add a bit more, which as Karl points out appears to a struggle for the radar.

Really good to see those solid north-west/ north central falls; I have friends up that way who will be relieved!
Supercellimpact
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Supercellimpact »

43mm all up here. Nice drop. Those falls of 100+ mm is amazing for may/June. I wonder if we will get anymore north west cloud bands in the coming weeks I reckon we will. Dads been in boort today and had a chat to a few farmers and they said they had the dry sown crops in so this rain is perfect timing for them.
s
sparra
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by sparra »

38mm so far for us out here......FANTASTIC!!!! 20mm yesterday and 18mm since lunchtime today with a few dark clouds still around. We seem to have been in a real sweet spot today for a change. Bit disappointing not all the crop is in BUT never mind.....just hoping we don't get so wet now that we struggle to get the rest in ;) :D
W
Wilko
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Wilko »

Nice 43mm here in Highett
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come with the warmer Oceans
a
aussiestormfreak
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by aussiestormfreak »

EPIC THUNDERSTORM last night, one of the best for the 2012-2013 Storm Season for me so far! :D :lighting:

77mm of rain in total last night and boy it was EXTREMELY heavy, by midnight I had 28mm and still the rain came, the vegola got flooded as it has many times in torrential downpours, and on and off throughout the night the darkness was interrupted by thunder and lightning (at least THREE DANGEROUSLY CLOSE lightning strikes, two between 10:30pm and 11:00pm and the third after 1:00am) :) my total for the event btw is 80.1mm but probably be another 1-2mm at least before the event is over :)
a
adon
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by adon »

Just cracked the 25mm in town for the day in town. Still raining nicely. You may be right yet Johnno! ;)
M
Madmel
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Madmel »

Wicked weather last night at work which caused to be a interesting night. Rain just did not stop! 54mm recorded at Willi and around 32mm back at home.
Seems that nearly everyone had a good soaking of rain and prolly have had enough of it..much needed drink for farmers and catchments :)
T
Thunderclap
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Thunderclap »

With 8mm Thursday 27mm in the 24 hours to 9am Saturday and then a futher 6mm after 9am today, out of a sneaky but surprisingly heavy band that passed though about an our ago we have cracked 40mm for the system :-D
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

52mm all up here, around 25mm more than I thought I'd get, and it's just great to hear that the mallee/wimmera has had good falls too. Really sets us up for winter and a wet winter would be good. :D

Rhino. :) :)
typhoon29
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by typhoon29 »

0mm on top of the 18mm. I reckon one of the warmest, calmest and cloudiest calender winter starts on record for here, 14 degs and 90+ % humidity for the majority of the day. Çool'wind change is in, went from zero wind to sse to ssw. Drizzle one and off throughout the day. Next system looks weak. Dry I reckon for the next 10 days, who knows!
Ballarat, Home of the Anti-Thunderstorm Shield!
a
adon
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by adon »

54mm at the farm now! Geez this is one hell of a break!
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Yep, looks like mostly high pressure dominance right through to mid June now according to Access and GFS, that's fine after this wet spell, so long as the second half of the month delivers.
Another 5mm today takes my event total to 87mm.
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Nice misty autumn shot hillybilly and big congrats wolfcat on getting your lightning shots on the news. I'm glad some of the areas that most needed it got some of that wonderful rain
M
Macedonian
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Macedonian »

much colder today, 10C last night at bedtime, 4.9C this morning at 7.30am currently very windy, blowing drizzle and dense mist. 5.5C 8-)
Home- "Shepherd's Bush" at Mt Macedon. 870m
Work- "Bolobek" at Macedon. 430m
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Haven't checked the gauge properly but looked like about 7 or 8mm in there, all from drizzle/showers overnight and yesterday evening. Around 80mm all up, only about 5mm from the June average.

Really miserable weekend. Thick low cloud the whole time. 8C atm, colder airmass today but the model progs still look very mild for the foreseeable future. Highs are finally starting to migrate north but the distinct lack of LWT amplification is still a dominant feature of our weather.
W
WeatherViewer
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by WeatherViewer »

Light sprinkling of rain here in Wyndham Vale the last 10-15minutes.