Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

2011 AFL Season

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: 2011 AFL Season

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Having an absolute horrible tipping this week. I have only got 3 right so far! :( My worst tipping ever, not sure why I picked who I picked!!
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Hard week for tipping Jake when teams that haven't shown recent form decide to win this week! :?
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Well the Bombers won over the past two weeks I was away and as soon as I come back they lose :( Looking back over the posts I must say congrats to RTW tipping 8 out 0f 8, that's awesome going! Jake, even I have managed more than 3 ;) :P Great game between Carlton and Geelong on Friday night. Congrats to the winners this weekend
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Bad luck re the Bombers RG, and commiserations for the Pies supporters now that the form slump seems to have set in (must admit it was a good effort to come back from the dead against Crows - but the Crows ARE a dead team).

The turn around in form from Montagna, Reiwoldt and Goddard has even tempted a Formula 1 and Motocycle GP fanatic like me to regain a mild interest in the goings on of the AFL 2011 season ;) .
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

What can you say about the Bombers, 5 losses in a row now :(
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Rivergirl » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:15 pm wrote:
Rivergirl wrote:What can you say about the Bombers, 5 losses in a row now :(
It's a shame Robyn, too many injuries have taken their toll unfortunately. Hopefully you'll have a win soon.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Thanks Moo, I sure hope so.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Well after a 5 week drought the Bombers had the best win last night. It was such an exciting game to watch and James Hird couldn't help grinning from ear to ear. Great work Bombers! Congrats to all the winning teams :)
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

That was an awesome game & can live with not tipping Essendon, at least i didn't have $1 million on Geelong like some twit did!!!!!!!!
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Yes I saw that, $1 million, wow! Power Storm was at the game, would have been awesome!
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

It was one of the best AFL matches I have been too, not just because I go for Essendon, but just the intensity of the match. Its interesting to note that both teams were young sides, and I thought we played exceptionally well from centre square, almost winning every bounce there was!! Was a fantastic match, but not very many happy Geelong supporters, I got told off by some old lady for just supporting my team!!

Was interesting regarding bets, I was going to put a bet on when Essendon were at $12, but parents didnt want me to, even though I am 18, lol, but it was amazing how fast the odds went, from $12 right down to $1 something if I remember!
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Certainly a match to remember Jake :) Yes losers can get a bit grumpy. I remember when I was supporting Pat Rafter at the 2001 Wimbledon semi final against Andre Agassi and an Agassi fan got so upset when he was beaten that she tried to trip one of our girls down the stairs. Bad form
Didjman
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Didjman »

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOR EVER! 117 pts over the Kangaroos - a record!
What a way to return to the top of the ladder :D
Peter
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Definitely a great win Didjman!
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

I picked 8! (for the first time since I care to remember). :D
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Woohoo, great going Petros. That's terrific and hard to do!
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Power Storm » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:27 pm wrote:
Power Storm wrote:It was one of the best AFL matches I have been too, not just because I go for Essendon, but just the intensity of the match. Its interesting to note that both teams were young sides, and I thought we played exceptionally well from centre square, almost winning every bounce there was!! Was a fantastic match, but not very many happy Geelong supporters, I got told off by some old lady for just supporting my team!!

Was interesting regarding bets, I was going to put a bet on when Essendon were at $12, but parents didnt want me to, even though I am 18, lol, but it was amazing how fast the odds went, from $12 right down to $1 something if I remember!
I went to Saturday's night game, Essendon vs Richmond, in the last quarter when Richmond were being flogged many of their supporters start to leave. There was a guy near me who had a go at the Essendon supporters saying their team is rubbish!!! The response was a classic a bit too rude for here, still didn't shut up the dopey Richmond supporter!

And all I can say is BLOODY CARLTON. :x

All will be forgiven though if they win next week. :D
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Sorry to all the Essendaon supporters(I'm not really that sorry), what a ripper game last night. Witnessed the mark of the century first hand. What a grab almost couldn't believe my eyes when he got up so high - the roar of the crowd was amazing. And Eddie Betts what can you say a magical show - 8 straight goals brilliant stuff! Great night for Carlton supportes! Go the Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Yep, I was there too, Moo! Only the second Carlton game I've been to this year, but couldn't have picked a better one. Witnessing one of the greatest marks of all time first hand is something I'll never forget and the way we just crushed them in the 3rd qtr was amazing, went from something like a 7 point margin at half time to about 10 goals at 3 qtr time! I was there with two Essendon supporters and it's fair to say they were pretty quiet in the second half haha.
Duckey
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Duckey »

It was a SWEET victory and an AWESOME mark!!! One of the best i've seen. Especially good for me as I'm the only Blues supporter in a family of die-hard Essendon supporters, so I was doing my victory dance!
Storm Nerd!!