Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

2011 AFL Season

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
n
norfolk
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: 2011 AFL Season

Post by norfolk »

Can't see a pic!!!

And yes I am jelly, knowing you have a son living in an apartment right there!!!
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

I'll try again Tony. It was there before but has disappeared

and my son isn't interested in football at all lol
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

Wow thats it for the saints. The team look tired, slow, finished. Gutted knowing it is going to be 5+ years till we get another chance. So close last year, one bounce away and now this. If we won last year i wouldnt really care. But we have nothing to show for this era, nothing. Trust the saints to blow their chances. That one day will come but not with this group.
fortius quo fidelius
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Yes sorry to see how the Saints went. Next to the Bombers I like the Saints. Great win for the Bombers tho. Must have been James' new hair cut :)
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

Rivergirl » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:25 am wrote:
Rivergirl wrote:Yes sorry to see how the Saints went. Next to the Bombers I like the Saints. Great win for the Bombers tho. Must have been James' new hair cut :)
lol nah Mark Thompson have them playing well 8-)
fortius quo fidelius
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Looking forward to Carlton vs Bombers on Saturday avro should be a good game bit closer match than the last time they played.
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Dc449 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:55 am wrote:
Dc449 wrote:Wow thats it for the saints. The team look tired, slow, finished. Gutted knowing it is going to be 5+ years till we get another chance. So close last year, one bounce away and now this. If we won last year i wouldnt really care. But we have nothing to show for this era, nothing. Trust the saints to blow their chances. That one day will come but not with this group.
Same, I'm starting to think about joining that anti-football mob.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

mad*moo73 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm wrote:
mad*moo73 wrote:Looking forward to Carlton vs Bombers on Saturday avro should be a good game bit closer match than the last time they played.
They have the wood over us (even tho we thrashed them last time). Should be a good game tho, both teams have shown signs of improvement.
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Well done to the Gold Coast on their first win today bet that stuffed up everyone's tipping!
retiredweatherman
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by retiredweatherman »

Got 8 from 8 in AWF's tipping competition. Yes I backed the Suns, and so won a free hamburger. I know this forum is Vict dominated but some of us in the " Deep North " where we have finally gotten electricity, phones, and cars still follow AFL.. :D .
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Woo Hoo RWM!! :woooo: Great tipping. A few tricky games to pick this round. Just breathing a sigh of relief that Carlton hung on last night.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Yeah, the Blues are on the rise! What a heart stopper it was last night tho!

Well done RWM, even tho you've knocked me off top spot :P ...had a shocking last couple of rounds with the tipping.
retiredweatherman
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

I have been supporting St. Kilda since my first venture to Melb from sunny Qld in 1968 when on a BoM course and unknowingly met Ian Stewart who was in a landromat. Ian saw we were Q'landers and handed out free tickets to Moorabbin. So became my beginnings to work out the game and support the Saints.

Over the next 42 years I learnt how to handle heartbreak, particularly in the dying seconds of last years GF #1, when Stevie Milne blasted away with enough time ( in my book ) to go the extra few steps to straighten up a bit, but scored a point. This year I have written them off already, hence my success so far.

Also last week I went for the Suns, knowing the Lions were also finished. I know Michael Voss was a champion player, but I feel he started his coaching career too soon after his playing days were over. I have seen the same thing in the NRL ( sorry Vics) many times over. There are few successful coaches below the age of about 38-40..
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

The next 5-7 years are going to be tough for us saint supporters. I know some people think next year we can give it another crack but the fact is, Roo, Dal, Hayes etc arent getting any younger.
fortius quo fidelius
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

I love seeing Voss fail tbh. He was so cocky before he took on the job and thought he would just be able to slot in a be a world beater. Traded horribly and he's paying for it now.
retiredweatherman
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Dc449. I see you hail from Bonbeach. I lived in Cannes Av 1980-83..
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Saints have no chance this year. Their best chance for a premiership was last year & i don't see them getting another chance anytime soon.

Agree Voss sucks as a coach don't think he'll be there next year. Suns are exciting to watch they sure have some great young talent. Lets hope they don't win too many games!!!!
retiredweatherman
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Didn't go for Suns this week..
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

retiredweatherman » Wed May 11, 2011 5:16 pm wrote:
retiredweatherman wrote:I have been supporting St. Kilda since my first venture to Melb from sunny Qld in 1968 when on a BoM course and unknowingly met Ian Stewart who was in a landromat. Ian saw we were Q'landers and handed out free tickets to Moorabbin. So became my beginnings to work out the game and support the Saints.

Over the next 42 years I learnt how to handle heartbreak, particularly in the dying seconds of last years GF #1, when Stevie Milne blasted away with enough time ( in my book ) to go the extra few steps to straighten up a bit, but scored a point. This year I have written them off already, hence my success so far.

Also last week I went for the Suns, knowing the Lions were also finished. I know Michael Voss was a champion player, but I feel he started his coaching career too soon after his playing days were over. I have seen the same thing in the NRL ( sorry Vics) many times over. There are few successful coaches below the age of about 38-40..
Turned 52 this week RWM and also got infected with the Saints syndrome about the same year. Its a continual long hard haul, can very much identify with your heartbreak - but it seems thats the lot for those who's star signs drag them into the fold.

Akin to Aust going down the carbon tax track, the Saints supporters are destined to spend their lives flagellating their backs with short stout whips,and the rest of the world couldnt give a sh%t about the pain incurred. All you can hope for is for Collingwood to crash out of the 2011 finals series.
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Hey maybe the Collingwood "jugernaut" isnt as good as the media is ramming down our throats!!!!!!