Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Xmas time

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Xmas time

Post by Anthony Violi »

Have to be honest, i hate this time of year. Its only good for holidays, thats it. Just another excuse for us to spend more money than we need.

That said, how much time off is everyone having? And holidays? I have from the 18/12 to 11/01 off so a good 3.5 week break. Off to Merimbula for 7 days on Boxing day. Looks like it will interesting already with some unsettled weather.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Xmas time

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Yeah this time of year is psychotic. Lots of singing gigs at functions and Carols events around the state. Had 3 this weekend.

I have 3.5 weeks off too - staying local this year, staying in Lilydale and the Dandenongs. Looking forward to doing nothing!!!
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Lucky chaps! 3.5 weeks hey.

I know what you mean Anthony, it can be very trying. The only real positive to come out of the time off is spending time with family, and of course to enjoy the weather rather than watching through an office window. I only have the public holidays off here sadly. :cry:

And to top it off, looks like I'll miss the fireworks this thursday - am heading up to a fairly dull looking Cairns for the week.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

My family Xmas lunch this Saturday and then the other halfs family on Xmas Day. Much easier than seeing everyone in one day. I find Xmas enjoyable for the kids but the adults seem to be dis-interested at times. Hopefully the weather is mild and not too hot or grumpyness may occur!

As for holidays, up to Lake Eildon on Boxing Day until probably New Years Day. A bit of fishing, a bit of beer, a bit of red wine, a bit of relaxing. But with 2 kids, the relaxing bit may not work!!
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Like Sniper, we're up to Eildon on Boxing Day (will be sure to use the Alexandra route so we don't hold you up on the Spur lol). Unfortunately my new manager has decided that I can't have time off between Christmas and New Year (I have some choice words I could say about that, but I shall refrain :x ), so I'm going to have to come back home for a few days of work, then head back up to Eildon for New Years Eve.

I hate leaving my family and staying in the house on my own - I'm such a wimp! Sniper, I've got two kids too, maybe we could lump them all together and drink the red vino in peace???!!!! :lol:

Merry Christmas to you all :D
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Sounds like a fine plan Lily! :lol:
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
s
samueliza
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:
Location: Point Cook- or somewhere in Northern or Western Victoria!!!

Post by samueliza »

I've got 3 kids under 5 so maybe we can start up some sort of creche lol!
I have off from the 23rd of Dec- to 21st of Jan. Cant wait to spend some quality time with the wife and kids though. Im often on the road so dont get to see enough of them. No plans-just lazy days. Hope it doesnt get too hot though- anything over 30 is a bit hot for me! (must be my european blood). ;) :)