Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

AFL 2010 Forum style

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Re: AFL 2010 Forum style

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Buddy's Goals

MMM Radio

3AW Radio
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Post by schitzengiggles »

also on afl.com.au highlights
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Yeah, he is a freak athlete and one of the games top ten players. 6 in a row for Hawthorn so they have picked themselves up and in the 8 now. Probably shouldn't be posting this on a public forum :-? (can't help myself, :) ) but Sam Mitchell's aunt is a member of the Woodend bird observers group and my Dad knows her (also a member). :laughing: He is now a Hawthorn supporter because of this. :roll:

Very pleased with Richmond's progress even though our wins have come against super crap sides. A tough stretch ahead, we need to beat top eight sides that's the next challenge for the team. Cousins, Martin, Newman, Riewoldt, Deledio and Collins are stand outs atm for the tigers, I just love watching them play, especially Martin and Riewoldt. Nason has also showed plenty for us, great pick up so late in the draft. Angus Graham also showing something in the ruck.

Damien Hardwick is a fantastic coach, very down to earth, focused and passionate about the club after a very short time at the helm. He encourages toughness and hardness at the ball, taking the opposition on and direct play. He is the polar opposite to Terry Wallace. He has introduced a winning culture to the group and that is the most important factor that has led to the club's improvement this year. Also been fantastic with the young players along with Ben Cousins' influence (assistant playing coach IMO :D )
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

If anything Andrew it shows just how bad Wallace was. No apparent game plan, hardwick has introduced the rolling zone that the other teams employ and once they have a year or two of that they have great kids to push up for a top 8 spot.

I would isolate Jack one out with one crumber because his contested marking atm is as good as anyone going around. Super impressive and will make AA if he continues.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

We are Geelong, the worst half of all...

So who would of thought Geelong would have a whole half of a game without scoring any goals this year? they scored nothing in the 3rd and 3 points in the 4th :o

Sam Newman Thursday night "Geelong are by far the best team in the competition"

Gotta give credit to St Kilda though, they killed Geelong down back in the second half.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

And will smack any other team at the business end Steve..
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

Saints are perfectly placed, it was a great night at the footy apart from the weather.
fortius quo fidelius
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Yep, Saints are perfectly placed to lose another Gf by a point hopefully.

No one will come close to Geelong if they have a full team in.

avweatherforecasts.com
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

Surely we have shown that we can beat them. We won round 14, lost GF by 2 goals and have beaten them this year. Also with players out for us aswell
fortius quo fidelius
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

We also beat them by 86 points in 08....means bugger all. Until you beat them in Sept you have proven nothing. And the players they had out far outweigh reiwoldt and gram.

avweatherforecasts.com
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Anthony Violi wrote:Yep, Saints are perfectly placed to lose another Gf by a point hopefully.

No one will come close to Geelong if they have a full team in.
Thats what most of the Geelong supporters were saying in 2008 also, I don't care how good a team is... it's always possible to get beaten.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Yes Steve it is...but rarely happens. Geelong would love to meet thm again in September. I have no doubt they would beat them if they met in a GF this year.

avweatherforecasts.com
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Had an awesome day at the footy yesterday, as did 3/4 of the stadium against the most pathetic team in history.

No more hated team by us, and it showed both on the ground and in the crowd. Loved every second of it.

Only them losing another Gf would come close.

avweatherforecasts.com
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Spent the night at my son Luke's apartment right next to Etihad stadium. My favourite team the Bombers were playing so was really exciting to hear the cheers coming from there and when the crowd poured out at the end I photographed them, always makes a good scene with the walkway to Southern Cross jam packed with footy fans. Luke is on the 10th floor overlooking it all. Sorry to St Kilda tho as I know you are near the top of the ladder. Good luck with upcoming games.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

An awesome day again at the G...in training mode for most of it.

Big game next week, 1 vs 2. Wont mean anything in the context of it all, but a win for us would see Geel vs St K first up which would be significant.

Will be there, and cant wait.

avweatherforecasts.com
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

Can't believe there's been no posts in here for almost a month. :o

Finals coming up, it looks like Collingwood and Geelong are the main contenders. All the other teams in the 8 are too up and down for my liking and the other main contenders IMO, St.Kilda and the Bulldogs have been on the down slide in recent weeks.

Strangely enough, Hawthorn could throw a spanner in the works. With their victory over Collingwood today they might be peaking at the right time, Collingwood might be starting the downward slide that often plagues them at the business end of the year. Very interesting one after today's results.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

It certainly has died off Andrew.
Hopefully finals fever will spark it up again.
Looking forward to Friday night' game between Geelong & St Kilda. Despite the Saints having a recent edge over the Cats, I lean to Geelong by 17 points.
Fremantle vs Hawthorn is an interesting game. Being a Hawk man, I am desperately hoping for a win, but over in Perth, it is such a tough road trip. The 116 point win over Freo two weeks ago means jack shizen. If any of the 22 think that will happen again, the game is over.

In the other games I expect comfortable wins from Collingwood and Sydney.
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

I new the saints would win, just one of those feelings. I told everyone this and i just got laughed at, gunna be sweet on Monday.
Was all worth it, I was saturated, thats footy. Ive been saying this all year, Saints V Pies Grand Final.
fortius quo fidelius
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Oh crap, I think Collingwood are going to make the GF. God help us all. :(
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Well I really hope St Kilda get through to the GF as I don't see the Bulldogs having a chance at beating Collingwood if they did, Collingwood made Geelong look like a bottom 8 team last night (Ablett was the only one really trying to make something happen, most of the Geelong players didn't know what to do (don't think the coach did either), not enough running to create space or supporting each other just going back in circles with handball after handball)

Was a disappointing game to watch.