Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

AFL 2010 Forum style

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: AFL 2010 Forum style

Post by Dc449 »

Ripper. Cant wait till next week now. Please dont be wet.
fortius quo fidelius
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Juddy!!! That is all :D
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

Woooooo hooooooo onya Judddddddddddddddddddddddddddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mexicanwave:

At least we managed to beat Collingwood at something this year! :D
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
g
gerta
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by gerta »

Well done to Juddy on his Brownlow - onto Saturday should be a cracker of a game and hopefully it will be extremely close like last years.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Grand Final eve. A couple of surprise selections, with Leon Davis and Steven Baker coming into the Pies and Saints team respectively. Am surprised that McEvoy gets the chop, there could be a late change, perhaps Gram. The inclusion of Presti allows both Harry O and Maxwell to peel off their opponents and double team Riewoldt.

The key for St Kilda is for Kozi to play in the goal square, take some contested grabs and kick some goals. He must make his opponent accountable, which will reduce the double teaming of Riewoldt. I still think Collingwood' structure will survive if this occurs. Should Kozi not have any influence, I can't see the Saints winning.

The forecast of some wet conditions will suit both teams as they thrive on contested possession. If Collingwood turn up with the same attitude and vigor as they did against Geelong, I think they will win by between 17-24 points. A few Saints have scars from last year (Milne etc) and it will be interesting to see how they stand up second time around.
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
g
gerta
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by gerta »

Sniper wrote:Grand Final eve. A couple of surprise selections, with Leon Davis and Steven Baker coming into the Pies and Saints team respectively. Am surprised that McEvoy gets the chop, there could be a late change, perhaps Gram. The inclusion of Presti allows both Harry O and Maxwell to peel off their opponents and double team Riewoldt.

The key for St Kilda is for Kozi to play in the goal square, take some contested grabs and kick some goals. He must make his opponent accountable, which will reduce the double teaming of Riewoldt. I still think Collingwood' structure will survive if this occurs. Should Kozi not have any influence, I can't see the Saints winning.

The forecast of some wet conditions will suit both teams as they thrive on contested possession. If Collingwood turn up with the same attitude and vigor as they did against Geelong, I think they will win by between 17-24 points. A few Saints have scars from last year (Milne etc) and it will be interesting to see how they stand up second time around.
Will Kozi play?? Have heard he is carrying a rib injury.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Herald Sun reporting that Kozi has declared himself fit and quashed the rib injury rumours.
Haven't really got into the GF fever being out of town, but am starting to fire up now. Perhaps that was a trip to the pub to place a few bets on the match! ;) :P 8-)
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Unbelievable, did anyone tip it was going to be a draw? I said here at home it was going to be a draw with 5 minutes to go lol. For the most part it was a crappy game to watch until the last quarter when things got interesting.
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

I tipped saints by a point.

I turned it off half way through the last quarter. Being Carlton, I didnt want to upset myself. Was happy to see a saints win in the news rather than a pies win live.

AHHHHH what a mistake! Wheres the replay!
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Mick, it's a great time to be a Carlton supporter, not only did Juddy beat Swan to win the brownlow, but now we get to see Collingwood supporters suffer the pain of losing a GF over two weeks!!

Crazy day, go saints!
mad*moo73
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by mad*moo73 »

I hear you Meso & Mick! :D

Lets hope the Saints finish off the job next week.

Quite surreal to have the MCG quiet after the final siren of a Grand Final.
Double Whopper award winning footy tipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

Was amazing experience. The sound of the MCG after the siren! Looking forward to next week. BRING IT ON
fortius quo fidelius
T
Twister
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Twister »

Yeah i have never heard the MCG so quite it was unreal, and all the players just collapsed insane day

Watch it be all over the Media this week and how the AFL should allow extra time etc
Now Living in Wet QLD
g
gerta
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by gerta »

Such an unbelievable result. Roll on next weekend :)
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

What a fantastic GF - definitely one of the best evers going by the media.

St Kilda have definite new captain material in (our local Gippslander) Brendan Goddard. Saints will drop 3 players for next week imo, in comes Armitage and McEvoy.
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Petros wrote:What a fantastic GF - definitely one of the best evers going by the media.
Not so sure about that, it's one of the worst GF's I've seen in terms of play apart from the last quarter excitement and that great mark of Goddard's. The conditions were perfect and yet the scores were worse then a lot of wet weather games, but thats mostly because of St Kilda's game play which I don't like to watch.

BTW, this is both St Kilda's and Collingwood's 2nd draw of the year. I was at the St Kilda v Hawthorn draw with that stupid interchange rule, the other Collingwood draw was v Melbourne.
g
gerta
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by gerta »

AUS_Twisted wrote:
Petros wrote:What a fantastic GF - definitely one of the best evers going by the media.
Not so sure about that, it's one of the worst GF's I've seen in terms of play apart from the last quarter excitement and that great mark of Goddard's. The conditions were perfect and yet the scores were worse then a lot of wet weather games, but thats mostly because of St Kilda's game play which I don't like to watch.

BTW, this is both St Kilda's and Collingwood's 2nd draw of the year. I was at the St Kilda v Hawthorn draw with that stupid interchange rule, the other Collingwood draw was v Melbourne.
One of the worse GF's i've seen in terms of telecasting. Ch 7's camera work and directing left a lot to be desired i though. It was almost sickening to watch at times - close ups, different angles - save that for when you are doing replays.

Another big day in footy today - Hirdy coaching the Bombers and looks like Bomber will leave the Cats to take up a position at the Bombers
d
droughtbreaker
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by droughtbreaker »

You'd think that Channel 7 would make more of an effort to improve their telecast for the GF. I reckon their commentary is better though than the biased loudmouths on 10 and FOX (although some of the FOX team are good I admit).

St. Kilda and Collingwood are really defensive teams as a rule, that's the way they play and it will probably be the same this weekend as well. It always leaves the door open for a draw when you get two sides locked into a low scoring defensive battle.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

The attack on the footy was second to none. I agree with Petros, the GF was fantastic. Skill levels were down due to pressure. If you have high efficiency rates, it generally means there is little or no pressure. Not sure if it will be as close this week.

As Gerta mentioned, a massive week of footy without the GF replay. Jimbob Hird returns home and surprise surprise Gazza signs with the Gold Coast. Big kick in the guts for the Cats, but I expect them to land a big fish come trade week. They are very shrewd operators and they are in desperate need of a key tall (to replace Scarlett in the near future) and another midfielder to replace Ablett. They could also be looking for a ruckman and I have heard in close circles that one D.Cox maybe high on their list!
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

Got my tickets, cant wait
fortius quo fidelius