Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

AFL 2010 Forum style

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Re: AFL 2010 Forum style

Post by AUS_Twisted »

I think that both sides were obviously making a lot of mistakes from pressure, but even when Collingwood wasn't pressured as hard in the 1st half as the 2nd they were making a lot of easy mistakes when they had control of the ball. If you look at some of the past GF's a lot of the great sides overcome this pressure and play good footy when it counts, Collingwood could have done it but didn't allowing St Kilda back into the game almost losing it in the end.

If Collingwood overcome the pressure I think they will win as they are a faster side, if not it will be another close one for me because of the way St Kilda can slow things down.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Still think the Pies can win the replay.
Nice warm, dry day should suit their game style.
Time to stand up Nick Riewoldt & Travis Cloke!

Tips: Pies by 14 points
Norm Smith Medal: Dane Swan
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
g
gerta
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by gerta »

Well there we go, Pies to good the second time around. Look far more settled than last week and played magnificently. So many of their young guns firing. Was interesting to hear one of the commentators earlier in the week talk about how the Pies, when they have recruited, they have recruited players that have performed well on the big stage - Thomas and Sidebottom both played massive games in the U18s grand final. Certainly has paid off for them.

Roll on trade week. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Just got home from the G and the after match celebrations, what a win!!!

A smashing, and rightfully been the best team all year..and much better without the corporates too..

off to the family day tomorrow, so rapt my daughter got to see us carve up out most hated team in history..
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Congratulations Anthony!
A mighty performance. You now have 12 months to enjoy the title of reigning premiers.
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Yes mate just got home from the family day with the kids, and the realisation has sunk in we defeated the most despised club in history..if i could pick any team to beat its them..how sweet it was at the ground yesterday giving it to there players and supporters and just reminding them how magnificent their history is.

Now its time to set the dynasty up, whilst most other teams begin the slide downhill, we sit at the peak.

Go Pies!!
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

Anthony Violi wrote:Yes mate just got home from the family day with the kids, and the realisation has sunk in we defeated the most despised club in history..if i could pick any team to beat its them..how sweet it was at the ground yesterday giving it to there players and supporters and just reminding them how magnificent their history is.

Now its time to set the dynasty up, whilst most other teams begin the slide downhill, we sit at the peak.

Go Pies!!
Still gutted, wanted it so bad. All credit to the pies, played bloody good football.

Dont go jumping the gun on dynastys, bad mistake. I remember people calling hawks in 08 on the verge of a dynasty, look what happened. What about the baby bombers of 93.

On to the saints, we obviously need a few fresh faces. Players who have good skill and can run fast. Get some youth in, trade good and hopefully we can have another decent crack next year. If we stick with the majority of the team that played Saturday, we are doomed.
fortius quo fidelius
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Congratulations to Chris Scott, today appointed to the role of Geelong coach.
He inherits a talented list, so good luck to him!!
G
GregSorenson2
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by GregSorenson2 »

Man, i hated the Scott twins when they played..... but would be happy to have them as coach. But hey, the Don's fav son has return....who's complaining?
g
gerta
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by gerta »

GregSorenson2 wrote:Man, i hated the Scott twins when they played..... but would be happy to have them as coach. But hey, the Don's fav son has return....who's complaining?
Must admit as a Geelong supporter it will take me a little while to warm to Chris Scott coaching us. Definitely agree with your sentiment absolutely hated the Scott twins with a passion.