Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Website Layout

Keep up to date with any changes, new developments & upgrades that have been made to the forum or website.
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Website Layout

Post by schitzengiggles »

Hi folks,

Love the logo & the chat idea. Works well, top work.

However, things are getting a bit messy. I'm using the site at 1920x1080 and it's a vertical nightmare at present. Let alone when having a look on the iPhone.

Would anyone like to get together over the next few weeks to discuss how to improve and implement the layout?

I've found in the past, using simple pieces of paper on a table to cut out "modules" then arranging them on another piece of paper (the homepage, in theory) is a very effective collaborative method of designing.

I have enough experience personally to have a shot at some templates, and designs, I also have webspace that can be used to mock up potential designs, perhaps even allow a poll for it?

If anything was beyond my capability, just looking at the members - almost 250 - if each were to donate $1 it'd buy 10-15 hours of a professional's time. All we'd have to do is scan our cut & paste piece of paper, and send it off to India and it's done for us.

If I'm out of place with these suggestions, and you're all happy, please by all means tell me to shut up. There'll be no offence taken. :D
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Website Layout

Post by Karl Lijnders »

There are appropriate avenues to approach the admin about website layout. This is not one of them.

You are not part of the administration at this time and we are not at the stage of changing the layout of the forum.

When we change the layout of the forum, this community will then be consulted.

All in time.

Thanks.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com