Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Search on Home Page

Keep up to date with any changes, new developments & upgrades that have been made to the forum or website.
mutley
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Search on Home Page

Post by mutley »

:?

Is it me or is there no Search on the home page? http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If not, any chance of putting a Search box on the front page?
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Search on Home Page

Post by Meso »

Yeah, I've never been able to find a direct link to it. I usually just tack "search.php" on to the end of the main web address if I need to search the forum.

Whilst we're discussing issues with the forum...how does one access the breaking weather archives these days? Pretty sure it use to be linked from the Victorian breaking weather forum, but I can't find it anymore.

Edit: Just found it hidden away in the drop down menu below "whats new in the forum". Surely this isn't the only way to get to it tho?
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Mutley, Search function has again been restored to the index page thanks to the wonderful Robyn :D It disappeared when the logo was put in the forum header, but Robyn has managed to get it back in there today, along with print function and handy font increase/decrease buttons.

Meso, I had to read what you had written there twice before I could work out what you meant by archives not being easy to find. As mods/admin, the archives are appearing under the What's New in the Forums room, but after logging out I can see exactly what you mean.

I'll have a look around and change the permissions and get it to appear for you all to use. Sorry! Had no idea you couldn't see it, we haven't been deliberately holding out on you, promise :P
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Well that was weird - everything in Archives was set up exactly the same as other areas yet it couldn't be seen!

Anyway, I think it's fixed now, you should be able to see it (I hope?). Let me know if you can't :D