Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

AUWN - Australian Weather Network - Updated

Please post relevant model information, weather and any other links of interest here
hrvistaweather
New User
Reactions:

AUWN - Australian Weather Network - Updated

Post by hrvistaweather »

Hi all,

I am not sure if any of you are aware that back in June, 2015, Henk of Lyndhurst-Hill Weather in Queensland, Australia and founder of the AUWN (Australian Weather Network) in 2008 had to discontinue hosting/administration of the AUWN and Ken True of (saratoga-weather.org) very kindly came to the rescue and assumed hosting for the network and I (Tony) of (hrvistaweather,com) assumed administration of the network.

Due to the above change, the AUWN now has a new web address http://www.australiawx.net/ for those that have old dead non functioning links on their sites, please update.

I have contacted many members and amended some of the changes required through software changes to enable their sites to display correctly again. Though there are still some sites which do exist and re uploading correct data that have no form of contact links on their sites, so I'm unable to inform them of the change and that they need to update their links to AUWN and / or download new scripts to display the Map on their site. So hopefully by posting on all forums I may get lucky and find out who they are.

I have also realigned many of the stations to display better as some where overlapping content etc. Hope it displays clearer. Please advise if your site requires changing.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The updated Map also displayed here on my site : http://hrvistaweather.com/weather/wxAUWN.php

Kind regards,
Tony

Huon River Vista Weather - South Franklin - Tasmania
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus - FARS, Boltek/NexStorm, Cumulus/CumulusMX, 2 Soil Temp/Moist Solar/Rad and Onsite WxSim 9 Day Forecasts.

Administrator of the AUWN
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Re: AUWN - Australian Weather Network - Updated

Post by Rivergirl »

Thanks for letting us know Tony and a Merry Christmas to you
hrvistaweather
New User
Reactions:

Post by hrvistaweather »

Hi Robyn,

Not many may be interested, but thought I'd post it just in case.

Thanks for the Season Wishes, same to you and hope you also have a Safe (favourable Weather) Merry Christmas.

regards,
Tony

Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus - FARS, Boltek/NexStorm, Cumulus/CumulusMX, 2 Soil Temp/Moist Solar/Rad and Onsite WxSim 9 Day Forecasts.

hrvistaweather
New User
Reactions:

Post by hrvistaweather »

Hi if any Tasmanian (PWS) owners would like to join the AUWN (it's free) or update their current details, please go to http://hrvistaweather.com/AUWN-Members/ to do so.

Kind regards,
Tony
Tony