Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

AWF Everyday Chat Thread

Have a chat, coffee and let's laugh about what is going on in your world. You can also find 'Photography Central', 'AWF Member Photos' & 'Weather Sites/Links Australia'.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

AWF Everyday Chat Thread

Post by Lily »

Good morning all :D

We thought it might be nice to have a bit of a general chat thread, a place for all of us to have a natter about anything and everything, particularly in the quieter times when we don't have events to get excited about.

So, here it is! I've been given the job of kicking it off, I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I talk too much (right, Admin? ;) :P :laughing: )

So, go ahead, tell us about your day, your random thoughts, what are you up to?
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: AWF Everyday Chat Thread

Post by daviescr »

Ha, I still have to meet you Lily, but the picture I have in my mind is priceless... ;) ;)

Working on the feral garden today, been neglected for tooooo long and the dog's getting lost in the long grass ;)
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

OMG, do I really want to ask what picture you have in your head of me? lmao

It's funny how over time you start to have an idea of someone, but then when you meet it can be totally and completely opposite of what you'd expected.

I've been running around this morning for my daughter's choir concert rehearsal, the concert is tonight. Will be glad to have it over and done with, but really looking forward to it. I love listening to children's choirs, they sound so beautiful.

Absolutely gorgeous day today :)
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Take daughter to Basketball [x]
Take daughter to Physical Culture [x]
Drink beer [x]

1/3 of the way there!!

EDIT: Happy days!!
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Just got home from work....

Daughters 8th Birthday party..13 screaming kids
Watch Sandown V8 race...and good convection everywhere.
BBQ later at Cousins house
Sleep in!! :-D :cheers: :cheers: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :stir: :stir: :stir: :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :dunno: :dunno:
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

SMILEY OVER USE IN PREVIOUS POST!!! :laughing:

Cleaned toilet, got bleach everywhere. Ugh. Now onto hard rubbish, yay, such fun lol.

What are you doing online when you've got a house full od screaming kids, AV? Hiding?!
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

Yes Lily, thought i would check in whilst stealing all the party pies.. :o :o :o :o :o
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Careful AV, those little suckers can burn if you eat them too quick (bitter experience :P ).

We just won a 6m x 4m awning blind on ebay for Eildon. Now I have to try and work out how on earth I'm going to get it picked up :o Ooops lol!
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Ho hum... so anyway, I'll just keep chatting with myself :laughing:

Luckily I work for a transport company who have kindly offered to pick up this massive awning/blind thingy, they happen to be in the area tomorrow and will drop off for me up at Eildon when in area. Bonus! :D
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Congrats the win on ebay, hope you can pick it up OK. I've been in the wars since Saturday when I slammed my head into a fridge then Sunday and today been lying down with a raging fever, it's starting to get a bit better. Realised it was a reaction to the yellow fever shot I had last week. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be myself again. Great idea re this thread Lily :)
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Oh RG, that's a run of bad luck you're having there! I've bashed my head on the fridge before, hurts like buggery lol. I had to pick my daughter up early today from school as she's brewing something too (though she hasn't had any yellow fever shots that I know of!). Not long now till your trip, you'd better keep us updated when you can with your photos!
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Where are you going Robyn? Somewhere nice I hope. I'm heading back to my homeland for Christmas in a few weeks, can't wait to:

a) get a decent curry
b) get a decent kebab
c) get some decent beer ( :o :o )
d) hopefully have a white Christmas (and not hail from a thunderstorm!)
e) and see my old mates and watch Australia loose in the cricket :o :o :o :o :o

Only thing I'm not looking forward to - 24 hours on a plane with my 8 month-old son :( Anyone have any tips on how to control a highly active monkey while in a pressurised tube at 38,000ft? ;)
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Well you'd know how it feels Lily :) I hope your daughter is OK. Not much fun being sick.

Chris sounds like you are going back to England. I remember you talked about curry places here once before. Hope you have a white Christmas and get the best curry. I'm off to New Zealand next week, Sydney for Christmas then nearly a month in South America and Antarctica. I needed the yellow fever injection for Rio and Iguazu falls along with malaria pills for the second time this year and a good mosquito repellant to make sure I don't get dengue fever lol. From the jungle to the ice, huge range of temperatures.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Anyone have any tips on how to control a highly active monkey while in a pressurised tube at 38,000ft?
Yeah, good luck with that :hysteria: Don't envy you one bit, when mine were small it was all I could do to organise an overnight trip to Philip Island - that's as far "overseas" as we got :laughing:

Have a great trip and enjoy the beer :P
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Wow that sounds great Robyn, especially Antarctica - that will be an amazing experience. Look forward to hearing about your trip. I hope you get better soon too, nothing worse than being sick doubled up with a head-knock.

Yup, back to England, Wales and Scotland (possibly) - staying in 5 different places in 4 weeks. Happy days!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Looking forward to the Pics Robin.
Very envious..!
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

daviescr wrote:
Only thing I'm not looking forward to - 24 hours on a plane with my 8 month-old son :( Anyone have any tips on how to control a highly active monkey while in a pressurised tube at 38,000ft? ;)
2 litres of phenergan!
Nah, the little bloke will be ok mate, just load up on the Johnnie Walker!! :P
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Ah yes, Phernergan, parent's best friend :P No, seriously, all jokes aside, I wouldn't recommend using it unless you've been guided to by a doctor. It can have the opposite effect on little ones and make them hyperactive which would be an absolute nightmare :o
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

just load up on the Johnnie Walker
Who? me or him? ;)
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »