Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Congratulations to daviescr

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Congratulations to daviescr

Post by Rivergirl »

Congratulations Chris and Helen on the birth of your baby daughter :flower:
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Congratulations to daviescr

Post by daviescr »

Thanks so much Robyn, truly amazing experience for all of us - long story but in a nutshell, helen was having the odd contraction through the day on Easter sunday, nothing too major, then decided to have a bath at 10.30pm while I drove Rhys to our friends house round the corner, got home and was told the contractions had stopped so I should go to bed.
Woken up at 12.30 and told we better get to the hospital. I was all calm, so decided to fire up the coffee machine since it might be a long night... Arrived at hospital at 12.55am, her waters broke at 1.10am, and baby Grace arrived just 12 minutes later at 1.22am.

It was like being in the middle of a tornado, it all happened so amazingly quickly we were all breathless - the obstetrician didn't even get there on time!!!

All are doing very well, and Rhys (who turns 3 on saturday) is an absolute gem - keeps stroking her and cuddling her and is totally smitten, just like his proud dad...

Looking forward to a few weeks off work to help Grace settle into our home

C
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Re: Congratulations to daviescr

Post by Rivergirl »

Wow I think Grace is going to be a girl in a hurry :) So happy Rhys is so accepting. I have a young friend who has to deal with a lot of jealousy from her 3 year old regarding their 1 year old.
It was like being in the middle of a tornado
Well you do like storm chasing :) Glad you didn't say mini tornado :D

All the very best and enjoy your time with your beautiful family Chris. I'm the one jetting off to Asia this time :)