Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

What Camera do you have?

Upload a picture and share it with us. Of nature at it's finest!!! Remember there is more on this earth than weather!!! The world is literally your frame.....
tizza
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Re: What Camera do you have?

Post by tizza »

I purchased a Nikon D3100 a few months back and aside from a few teething problems I absolutely love it. It was a kit DSLR with 2 lenses 18-55mm and 55-200mm AF-S VR, DX and I'm really happy with them now that I slowly figuring out how to shoot manually again, I learn't all my photographic skills on a Pentax K 1000 with film and a darkroom. Back to square 1 for me. I know what I want to do I just need to figure out which buttons to push, and the post processing is DOING MY HEAD IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't seem to take it in. I think I'm getting old. ;)
S
SunsetTwilight
Stratus
Reactions:

Post by SunsetTwilight »

Hiya all
I use the Fujifilm finepix S9600 9mp camera. Best one I've had :D
In a severe lightning storm, grab ya ankles and stick ya butt in the air.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

That's great you've got a good camera Sunset Twilight and tizza we know what fab pics your camera takes now. I replace my camera every two years. My last one was a Canon EOS 50D which took 75,500 photos over the last two years lol. Yes I take a lot of pics :P Just got the Canon EOS 7D hope to test it out this weekend :)
P
Pete
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Pete »

If anyone has upgraded and has any old cameras that they don't really want, I'd be happy to steal them. :P JKS.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Hey Pete, my husband steals my discards lol. The one he had which was originally mine is past it's shutter count.

A handy hint: If you want to know how many photos your camera has taken, download the free EOS Info software from http://astrojargon.net plug in your camera and it will tell you
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by apocalypse »

Is the maximum shutter count (I never even knew there was one :)) the same for most SLR's. Would it be 75000?
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

No apocalypse, the shutter counts are different as in Canon 40D has less than Canon 50D etc. I think it's about 75,000 for the 40D but 150,000 for the 50D. It's best to check the specifications. They have another word for it - the shutter actuation count
apocalypse
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by apocalypse »

Thanks for that info, Robyn. Apparently the shutter actuation count for a Nikon D3000 is 100,000, but this is only what people have said on the internet. I went to have a look in the manual, but I can't seem to find it.
Nathan Morris
2013 Rainfall
Jan - 3.8mm
Feb - 27.0mm
Mar - 0.0mm
YTD - 30.8mm
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Rivergirl » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:40 am wrote:
Rivergirl wrote:A handy hint: If you want to know how many photos your camera has taken, download the free EOS Info software from http://astrojargon.net plug in your camera and it will tell you
Can't you just tell from the number in the file name?
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

No Meso because if you take as many pics as I do you will see that the count only goes to 9,999 then it starts at 1 again. I can take up to 21,000 pics in a couple of weeks when I'm travelling
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Jesus christ, I'm only at about 4500 and I've had the camera for about a year! Didn't bother to think what would happen when I got to 10k.

21,000???? Do you shoot bracketed in continuous mode or something?!
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Yes I do shoot bracketed sometimes and yes I seem to be shooting in continuous mode lol. A gondolier in Venice said I took more pics than the Japanese and that I should just invest in a movie camera lol
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Well I guess if I could raise the funds to head overseas I'd probably go mad with the camera too.

Not a hell of a lot to shoot in Bendigo on a daily basis lol
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Well I worked all my life until I had a series of heart attacks in 97, never went in a plane till I was 28 so I'm enjoying my retirement while I can. Pity life isn't the other way around
peterhau
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by peterhau »

I bought a run out model Nikon D3000, with the VR 55mm lens, for my 40th. followed up with a vanguard tripod, Lowepro sling case, spare battery and a VR 300mm lens in the space of a couple of months.Already had the inverter from Dick smith, so one battery is charging while I am driving around... All the photos I have posted are courtesy of the 300mm lens.

(edit) and an umbrella that the camera uses. I just hold it and get soaked)
POW! ZAP! I don't chase storms, I patiently wait for them to come to me.... Usually the soaked guy with the dry camera, atop a mountain, out of running distance from the car...
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Hey everyone, i was looking to get my first dslr. I was interested in the Canon 600d, what do you guys think about it? Thanks in advance !
Go the bombersss!