Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

17-85mm Lens fixed, bring on the Storms! lol

Upload a picture and share it with us. Of nature at it's finest!!! Remember there is more on this earth than weather!!! The world is literally your frame.....
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

17-85mm Lens fixed, bring on the Storms! lol

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Just got my 17-85mm lens back from Canon which had a bent barrel from a few weeks back. Here's 2 comparison shots of what photos looked like before and after, nothing special, just my backyard taken at 17mm infinity focus so I could see what was happening. Just need to clean my sensor again now as some annoying dust bunnies have decided to setup camp

With bent barrel, this whole shot is blurry and far more so on the left side

Fixed taken not long ago, happy with the results (they cleaned the inside of the lens which had a bit of dust in there to) and only cost $65 to fix which I was expecting a fair bit more.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Re: 17-85mm Lens fixed, bring on the Storms! lol

Post by Rivergirl »

Wow that's a huge difference, it was so blurred on the left. No wonder you're happy, it's like a whole new lense :)
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

Just goes to show how bent it was, it was pointing in a completely different direction in the first shot! :roffl:
Good gracious $65 to fix it? That seems incredibly cheap!
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Meso »

Second one is certainly a lot more in focus. Must be stoked to have it back. I've got a 15-85mm and the focal length is great, especially for chasing. Rarely comes off the camera (probably cause it's the only decent one I have haha), but the range is great for a carry round.

Hopefully get a storm or two in the next few days to really test it out.
AUS_Twisted
Storm Chaser
Reactions:

Post by AUS_Twisted »

Yeah dropped it over 2 weeks ago and that was the result the next morning

Parts $9.28
Labor $50
GST $6

No shipping cost as they are along Wellington rd 15 mins away from me. When I was at Canon today, 2 guys came in who worked there going on to the lady serving me the new Canon 1D X was just announced, I'm like yeah I'll take one of them thanks
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1110/11101 ... eos1dx.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good one Geoff ;)

It was really frustrating having nothing between 20 and 70mm, and I didn't want to use the 70-200mm for long exposures as I don't have a tripod mount for it (to front heavy) so I was using the 100-400mm

Hopefully we get something decent over the next week or so!