Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

3081 home weather station solar advice 100m

Archived Nerdy Forum (Weather Q&A).
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Re: 3081 home weather station solar advice 100m

Post by Rivergirl »

Welcome greyim from Tassie :) I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on here will be able to help you out
crikey
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: tweed shire NSW and nDUNOLLY.. Nth Central district VIC

Post by crikey »

Hi Greyim.
I know nothing about weather stations but if you are needing better wireless reception because of your location, l had that problem with the internet where l live and retravision ( they sell TV's etc) recommended an aerial attachment. I bought one for $35 and it strengthens the signal. It plugs into the Telstra wireless gadget.
Just a tiny hole input plug and connection. It does the job adequately . It doesn't necessarily give me full bars but reduces the time to connect to servers.
I always used to get cut off because connection time was so slow.( timed out) The aerial did the job. I believe you can by better ones for $100 as well.
I am just making an assumption your problem is strength of wireless signal?
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Other than relocating the base station (and computer) or the unit so that they have less interference (walls, other electricals, etc.) I really don't know, Greyim. Sorry!

Have you tried emailing the manufacturer?
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

Ah, that's a shame Greyim. Lucky you got your $$$ back though, good news on that front ('scuse the weather pun lol).

Good luck with shopping around for a replacement :)